The Visa Mobile Platform — the Future of Payments
Introducing the Visa Mobile Payment Platform.
The Visa Mobile Payment Platform in Canada offers Visa cardholders the ability to make contactless payment transactions using
their cell phones. New technologies have made it possible to transform cell phones into electronic wallets.
An Ideal Platform
The Visa Mobile Payment Platform extends the functionality of the Visa payWave® contactless payment solution to cell phones. Using Near Field Communication (NFC) technology, a cell phone programmed with a Visa payWave application communicates with a merchantís secure contactless reader to complete a Visa card transaction.
Visa mobile payments are ideal for merchant outlets with high volumes of customers, where speed of service is essential. You may see faster service at check-out, shorter lines and less abandonment.
Simple to Operate
- The customer waves the specially programmed cell phone in front of your contactless reader at the check-out counter. No PIN or signature is required.
- The Visa payWave application wirelessly transmits the payment data directly to your reader, to complete the transaction.
- The customer follows simple prompts on the reader, which shows when the transaction has been processed.
- Receipts are not necessary unless requested by the customer.
- In most cases, a Visa payWave terminal simply connects to your existing chip-reading POS terminal.
- The Visa Mobile payment platform leverages the security benefits of both chip and NFC technologies.
- It provides you and your customers with a secure contactless payment solution.
- NFC is designed for close-range communication (under 4 cm) to ensure that transactions are secure and that the user is in control of the process – including their personal data – at all times.
- Only Visa-approved contactless readers can process payment data from cell phones programmed with the Visa payWave application.